How To Not Regret Owning a Firm and Managing Recruiters!
A yearlong “memoir” on the tactics, mindset and Jedi tricks you need to be successful and leave your mark on the careers of others!
Danny started as a rookie right out of college at a Theory X, churn and burn franchise spin off. It worked for him and the biz was clearly his calling. But the industry was rife with turnover and failure. Very few made it. So he bought the firm, committed to training and mentoring his people, and the rest is, well, ongoing…Hobson Associates is one of the country’s largest privately held search firms in a variety of niches, with offices all around the country, and has recently moved into contract staffing. With dynamic and ambitious equity partners in place, Danny’s firm’s future is bright. Danny has learned a lot, which, let’s be real, is code for having made every mistake in the book…and in this Year Long Virtual Video Retreat, he will get at the things you all ask him at conferences. “How did you do it?” “What am I doing wrong?” “How can I do what you did without making the mistakes? No disrespect Danny.” None taken. Let’s do this:
We’ll cover, in monthly “lunchtime segments”:
• Management Metrics…What should you count? How often? Do the number of phone calls matter anymore? (Spoiler Alert: It’s complicated)
• Ramping Up Rookies…How to get them productive in less than 6 months and established in the first year. (anyone saying it can be done sooner on a perm desk is playing you)
• GOAT (“Greatest Of All Time”) Podcast with Danny’s colleagues, some of the most successful owners in the history of the recruiting industry… (with Q and A from you!)
• Researchers, Off Shore and On, Tools, Chat Bots and Virtual Assistants…the technology you need, and the technology you don’t
• Motivate Me…Where do you turn when you’re down? Who checks your plan? Info to turn to when a TED talk misses the mark and Audible makes you want to scream
• The Rainmaker Hybrid Model (And other ways to structure a staffing firm besides, “I’m good, I’ll hire others and build an empire.”)
• Rebels Without a Procuring Cause…Updating your knowledge on employment law and fights over fees…
• Managing Super Stars and those that think they are…The do’s and don’ts of veteran producers
• Fee Collections…a step by step methodology for collecting the money clients owe you
• How People Pleasers (“uh, that would be you”) should terminate unsuccessful recruiters
• The FAQ Session…designed by your input and developed based on your needs!
“My assessment of a speaker is if six months later I can point to specific areas that I changed my behavior as a result of the presentation. I am sad to say that most times there is nothing to point to. However, with Danny Cahill that will not be your experience. We have had him present to our company three times over the years and every time we come away with multiple areas where we change our actions and our business is better as a result! We are already looking forward to his next visit! Thank you Danny for challenging our thinking and our behavior. You absolutely slayed it on your recent trip to see us.” Todd G.
“You’re still the best trainer our industry has ever had.” Sue B.
There are break points in building your search firm:
None of this happens overnight. Danny has lived through all of these breakpoints…without breaking. (so far) We’ll walk you through the decision-making process of growth: When to hire. How to pick niches. Whether to add contract staffing. When to give up your desk and what to do with your clients. How to budget a larger firm.
Most importantly. What to let go of (delegate) and what to hold on to with every last ounce of strength you have because it is essential. And how to know if you’re confusing the two!
You can purchase the entire year, all 12 sessions, or you can purchase an individual session. Every session will be recorded and made available online to you after your purchase.
Sessions will be held the first Wednesday of the month from 12:00 - 1:00 pm EST.
We have hundreds of great questions and answer blogs from Danny and the recruiters he has trained. Look for emails highlighting these questions.